Specialist Legal advice 24/7:
info@mk-law.co.uk / +44 (0)20 8692 2694

Injunctive Orders

Domestic abuse is taken extremely seriously here at MK Law. The safety of our clients is of utmost importance therefore; we have a specialist team on hand who can provide an immediate response in helping you to obtain an injunction order to ensure your protection.

In many cases, domestic violence goes unnoticed or simply accepted. However, if your partner or an associated person has been or is being controlling, coercive, threatening, violent or abusive. This can be either;

  • Psychologically
  • Physically
  • Sexually
  • Financially

If the above resonates with you then you should seek support urgently. Our specialist team will review your case and help you obtain the injunction which is best suited for your situation. We can apply for either an

Non molestation Order which will prevent any threatening or violent behaviour towards you. This order can be against:

  • Partner or ex-partner
  • Family member
  • Someone you have lived with

The Law pertaining to Non Molestation Orders can be found at Section 42 of Family

Law Act 1996. Any breach of the order is a criminal offence and can be dealt with by a fine or up to 5 years imprisonment. An initial and or minor breach may well not attract a custodial sentence.  However, it is likely that a persistent or serious breaches may lead to a custodial sentence.

A victim of domestic abuse, be it violence or harassment, can report the matter to

the police. If the allegation is pursued to court then the Crown Prosecution Service may request a restraining order against the defendant. This can be given by the court regardless of whether the defendant is convicted or not. Again any breach of a restraining order is a criminal offence and our Criminal Department would be more than happy to assist you in a matter such as the above.

If you are afraid to continue living with someone who has harmed you then we can apply for an Occupation Order against

  • Someone you own or rent a home with
  • The owner or tenant of the home you live in
  • You are married or in a civil partnership with the person you are living with

We understands the sensitive nature of domestic violence cases therefore, we provide a confidential service. We aim to protect our clients by offering a speedy service to ensure that any Order obtained can be served quickly ensuring that you have peace of mind for both you and any children affected also.

If you feel you are or may be the victim of domestic abuse, you should seek legal advice immediately.

It is vital that you receive the best advice possible and provide as much detail as you can to ensure the best result for you and your family.

MK Law is on hand to help you.

For more information on the law or Domestic Abuse, or to discuss your case please call us on 020 8692 2694 or e-mail info@mk-law.co.uk