The foundation of a successful case begins with choosing the right representation. Here, at MK Law we believe that every case is different and our clients deserve a personalised approach especially when it comes to children. Our team of specialist lawyers have a history of providing a successful service to ensure any child related disputes are handled with the appropriate sensitivity and requisite skill.
The law now encourages parties to settle disputes outside of court however, we understand that this is not always possible. Our team of dedicated solicitors will work closely with you to provide you with the best possible outcome in regards to the achieving the best outcome for you and your child.
Section 8 of the Children Act 1989, allows you to make an application to the Court with our assistance. Here at MK Law we specialise in a wide range of Child Arrangement Orders such as:
- Contact Orders – Gives direction to who the child should see, where, when and for how long;
- Residence Orders – Gives direction to who the child should live with;
- Specific Issue Orders – Gives direction in order to determine a specific question that has arisen in connection to any aspect of parental responsibility such as;
- Change of name
- Decisions pertaining to education and where a child should be schooled
- Medical treatment
- Prohibited Steps Order – Gives direction to preventing either parent from carrying out certain events or making a decision about the child’s the child’s upbringing.
All mothers and some fathers have legal rights and responsibilities as a parent. This is known as Parental Responsibility under Section 3 of the Children Act 1989.
As a mother you have Parental Responsibility automatically for the child from birth. A father usually acquires Parental Responsibility either by;
- Marriage to the child’s mother;
- Being listed on the birth certificate (after December 2003).
Here at MK Law, we can provide you with the advice and assistance in order to acquire Parental Responsibility for your child.
Every case that we deal with is unique therefore, our client’s instruction are vital to us and we endeavour to acquire a suitable order for both yourself and your child in order to maintain a stable and loving relationship. We aim to limit the distress of our clients therefore, our solicitors will provide you with regular updates throughout the process.
We also specialise in obtaining Special Guardianship Orders for those who have been looking after a child or children if their natural parents cannot for whatever reason care for them. We are also approached by Local Authorities to provide legal advice to prospective Special Guardians and we are able to identify whether the support plan being provided is appropriate or whether further payments are due.
If you are facing any proceedings relating to your child or have any issues above then you should seek legal advice immediately. It is vital that you receive the best advice possible and provide as much detail as you can to ensure the best result for you and your family.
MK Law is on hand to help you.
For more information on cases relating to children, or to discuss your case please call us on 02086922694 Or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org