Robert has in excess of 10 years PQE in Criminal practice. He is predominantly involved in conducting trials in the Crown Court having been a qualified Higher Rights Advocate since the beginning of 2010. Robert has dealt with a range of matters at the Crown Court which include the following: Rape, Sexual Assault, Robbery, Firearms offences, Conspiracies, multi defendant trials, GBH, ABH, Frauds, etc.
Robert enjoys the advocacy aspect of the profession although he applies himself with equal vigour to any task allocated to him, including matters from minor offences to matters which attract media coverage. he is very conscientious and gregarious by nature and is able to take the initiative when working alone or as part of a team.
- R v JE and another – successfully defended a client who was charged with Section 20 GBH involving issues of identification and cross examination of police witnesses.
- R v BC – successfully defended a client on a 2 count indictment charged with Theft from employer. The client was the general manager of a restaurant whereby it was alleged that in excess of £11,000 was stolen from the safe.
- R v RS – successfully defended a client on a 2 count indictment, the substantive offence being Section 18 GBH. The issue was self defence and whether the defendant used reasonable force in light of the fact that he accepted causing the wound with a weapon, namely a mattock.
- R v BB – successfully defended a client in relation to Rape allegations made by his partner. This case involved applications being made under the hearsay provisions due to the complainant being medically unfit to give evidence. After a successful application the Crown offered no evidence on all counts on the indictment.
- R v ME – successfully defended a fireman in a multi-handed Fraud case. This was a case prosecuted by Queens Counsel and Junior Counsel where I represented the client alone.
- R v NR – client was charged with others in relation to defrauding the DWP in excess of £500,000. This was an interesting case in that most of the defendants (including the client) were deaf. The case was prosecuted by Queens Counsel and Junior Counsel and the client was defended by myself alone.