As part of MK Law’s ethos for client care and transparency, we understand the need for clients to be aware of the costs they will incur for our services.
Unless stated as a specific exclusion, the price includes:
- Considering evidence
- Providing advice in relation to plea and likely sentence
- Representation at a single hearing
We offer different fixed fee options that range depending on the complexity of your case and your personal requirements.
If you choose to meet your solicitor face to face at an appointment at one of our offices in advance of your first hearing, then the fixed fee for this consultation, litigation and advocacy at your hearing will range from £350.00 plus VAT to £700.00 plus VAT depending on the seniority of the solicitor you choose to instruct.
If you wish to meet your solicitor for a consultation on the day of your first hearing at court, then the fixed fee for consultation, litigation and advocacy at your hearing will range from £300.00 plus VAT to £600.00 plus VAT depending on the seniority of the solicitor you choose to instruct.
In the event of you requiring us to argue ‘exceptional hardship’ or ‘special reasons’ on your behalf at your first hearing, our fixed fees range from £1000.00 plus VAT to £2000.00 plus VAT due to complexity of the legal service required.
In the event of entering not guilty pleas at your first hearing and your case proceeding to trial, our fixed fees for providing a consultation, litigation and advocacy range from £1000.00 plus VAT to £2000.00 plus VAT. These fees depend on the complexity of your case and the seniority of the solicitor you instruct for your trial.
If your case is to proceed to a contested summary trial we normally provide the following service within our quote;
- Meet with your solicitor to provide instructions on what happened.
- We will consider initial disclosure, and any other evidence and provide advice.
- Arranging to take any witness statements if necessary (this will have an additional cost if a large amount is required).
- We will explain the court procedure to you so you know what to expect on the day of your hearing, and the sentencing options available to the court.
- We will conduct any further preparatory work, obtain further instructions from you if necessary and answer any follow up queries you have.
- We cannot provide a timescale of when your hearing will take place, as this depends on the court listing for that day.
- We will attend court on the day and meet with you before going before the court. We anticipate being at court for [e.g. half a day].
- We will discuss the outcome with you. If advice is required on appeal, this will carry an additional cost.
Our stated fixed fees are based on attending courts within 10 miles of either of our offices. For attending court outside of this radius, travel disbursements will be agreed with you in advance and set out in our instruction letter to yourself.
We hope that this transparency and our focus on client care can provide some certainty during what can be an uncertain and very stressful time.